Sunday, March 30, 2008

Coping with acne - Picking

I tried different methods as a teenager to cope with having acne. Because my mom wouldn't let me wear makeup until I was 16 and because I wanted to hide my acne, I resorted to picking at the acne bumps in an attempt to make them go away. Ewww! Yes, that's gross but I didn't know what else to do; I was a teenager! I was trying to make the acne less bigger and to make it disappear. Who wants the cutest guy in the classroom to see a big pimple on your forehead?

Of course, picking at my skin was not only gross but it was one of the worst things I could have done to relieve my acne symptoms. Picking caused scarring. So then instead of having new acne, I had new acne pimples and acne scars. Because my skin is light brown, the scars were dark brown and visible. The scarring added to my skin problem. I wanted to wear make up, particularly, foundation, and now concealer even more! But like I said in my last blog, my mom wouldn't let me. So I tried other coping methods. Keep reading as I will tell you some non-conventional methods I used to cope with acne.

No comments: